Academy: The Hayesbrook School, Tonbridge
Start Date: a.s.a.p
Closing Date: Friday 8 June, 10:00am
The Hayesbrook School
The Hayesbrook School is a vibrant non-selective 11 – 18 all boys Academy, with a mixed sixth form. Our vision is simple – to ensure that all of our students achieve beyond our expectations and flourish as confident learners with the highest aspirations, ready for the university or careers of their choice and also ready for the world in which they will work and live. We are relentless in our pursuit of the very best for all our students.
The school has over 550 students on roll. Our strengths are strong behaviour, examination success and an emphasis upon learning and teaching. The Hayesbrook School is also renowned for its success in extra-curricular activities and for its support of other schools, both locally, nationally and as part of Brook Learning Trust.
Part Time Cleaner
Working hours: 15 hours per week, term time only, 42 weeks per year (plus holiday), 15:30 – 18:30pm
Flexibility is required to ensure cover, plus such additional hours as may be requested by the Cleaning Supervisor to cover sickness and annual leave absence.
Clean and maintain the school buildings, under the direction of the Site Manager, to ensure all areas are kept clean and tidy to a very high standard.
- Provide a comprehensive cleaning service to include dusting, vacuuming, washing floors, emptying bins, etc. To ensure high standards of cleanliness and hygiene at all times.
- Clean toilet blocks to ensure hygiene standards are maintained.
- Report any defects to a senior member of staff to ensure health and safety procedures are followed and to enable repairs to be carried out.
- Undertake, during holiday periods, a complete ‘spring’ clean of areas including moving furniture to clean behind it, skirting boards, polishing hard floors, etc., to ensure all areas are clean and fresh.
- Previous cleaning experience would be an advantage but is not essential as training will be provided
- A flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Able to use your initiative
- Happy working on your own and within a team
- Comfortable working in public areas
- Experience of using cleaning machinery e.g. Floor buffers, or a willingness to be trained
- Honest, reliable and hard working
This post is responsible to the Cleaning Supervisor although day to day communication and cooperation with the academy Principal, Premises Manager, leadership team and staff is essential.
Further details of the role and an application form can be found at: https://www.hayesbrook.kent.sch.uk/vacancies
Brook Learning Trust
The Brook Learning Trust is proud to have The Hayesbrook School as part of our family of academies. As a Trust, we bring together our unique academies in our belief in the power of education to change lives and communities.
It is our steadfast purpose to challenge and defy the barriers that constrain the educational progress of any child. We set high aims for aspiration and secure collective responsibility for all our children’s achievements. Our work is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Optimism, Excellence and Accountability.
A strong focus on teaching and learning as well as high standards and expectations has led the Brook Learning Trust to become recognised as one of the strongest multi-academy trusts in the county. Learning and growing with us, children in our academies make great progress. The Brook Learning Trust, working with The Hayesbrook School, brings energy, passion and expertise to the education of our children.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK.
Only applications made using Brook Learning Trust application forms will be considered. Please use your application to demonstrate how your skills and experience match those detailed in the job description. Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday 8 June, 10:00am.