Teacher of Maths
Academy: The Ebbsfleet Academy, Swanscombe
Salary: MPS / UPS + London Fringe Allowance
Start Date: April or September 2019
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 18 February 2019
Teacher of Maths
(In addition to this role, the position of Sixth Form Lead is also available for the right person)
Salary/Grade: MPS / UPS + London Fringe Allowance
Start date: April or September 2019
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 18th February 2019
Teacher of Maths
What are we looking for?
- An inspiring and motivational teacher who can enthuse and engage students to achieve their full potential
- A committed individual who wishes to add to the success of the mathematics team by implementing their own ideas and strategies and embrace the very best practice in teaching
Sixth Form Lead
For the right person the role may also attract the promotion, marketing, overseeing and monitoring of the Academy Sixth Form, building aspiration, excitement and commitment.
From the principal Alison Colwell:
What I look for?
- Only three things in my teachers - that you love children; that you are conscientious, committed and with a clear moral purpose; and that you are passionate and highly knowledgeable about your subject
In return, WHAT I offer you?
- I don't preach work-life balance - we practise it
- We have a no-marking policy – and instead teachers use their time to plan exciting lessons, to discuss the best way to teach a topic, and to read books
- We don't have unnecessary meetings (we have hardly any meetings)
- We do no unnecessary paperwork
- We finish at 2 o'clock on a Friday
- I expect teachers to enjoy and to relish every minute of their well-earned 13 weeks holiday.
The Ebbsfleet Academy opened in September 2013 and we are fast becoming the number one school of choice in the local community. You would join a hardworking and passionate team of staff, in an academy characterised by high aspirations, academic excellence and exemplary behaviour, in a school that has firm discipline and crystal clear rules (that are enforced) alongside a strong climate of care, encouragement and reward.
We want our pupils to leave school as well-rounded, confident young people, with an awareness of the wider world, and a desire and ambition to play an active part in it, all of which is encapsulated in The Ebbsfleet Academy’s motto – Aspire, Excel!
To arrange a school visit and/or an informal telephone call with the Principal, please contact Alison Colwell at email@example.com
For more information about The Ebbsfleet Academy, visit www.theebbsfleetacademy.kent.sch.uk
Only applications made using Brook Learning Trust application forms will be considered. Please use your application to demonstrate how your skills and experience match those detailed in the job description.
Visit www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk/vacancies for an application form and job description. Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 18th February 2019
Date for interviews w/c 25th February.
The Brook Learning Trust
The Brook Learning Trust is proud to have The Ebbsfleet Academy as part of our family of academies. As a Trust, we bring together our unique academies in our belief in the power of education to change lives and communities.
It is our steadfast purpose to challenge and defy the barriers that constrain the educational progress of any child. We set high aims for aspiration and secure collective responsibility for all our children’s achievements. Our work is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Optimism, Excellence and Accountability.
A strong focus on teaching and learning as well as high standards and expectations has led the Brook Learning Trust to become recognised as one of the strongest multi-academy trusts in the county. Learning and growing with us, children in our academies make great progress. The Brook Learning Trust, working with The Ebbsfleet Academy, brings energy, passion and expertise to the education of our children.
For more information about the Brook Learning Trust, visit www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK.