Senior School Support Administrator
Academy: The High Weald Academy, Cranbrook
Salary: Kent Scheme 5, points 14 – 17, £15,931 to £17,632
Start Date: February 2019
Closing Date: 10:00am, Tuesday 19 February 2019
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the High Weald Academy Administrative Team. Significant and extensive new build investment is being made, right now, in our academy. This will give students access to superb new learning resources and support our dedicated leaders and teachers in achieving our vision, which is, quite simply, to ensure that all of our students achieve beyond expectations and flourish as confident learners with the highest aspirations.
The High Weald Academy is a small rural school and we pride ourselves on the family ethos and culture which comes from knowing each student for their individual talents, interests and abilities. We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, value driven Senior Administrator to deliver and embed excellent customer and administration services across the Academy. The dedicated admin team are the face of our Academy and believe in doing whatever it takes to ensure that our students achieve great things, our parents and stakeholders receive exceptional customer service and our staff are supported incredibly well.
This is a busy, varied and highly interesting role and the successful candidate will influence changes to administrative processes, communication channels and customer service. You will be an excellent team player, bring with you flexibility, organisational skills, time management and IT expertise. You will have a can do approach, and a passion to support the wider team in making a difference to the experiences of our vibrant body of students. Creativity, new ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement are always welcome. Good communication skills are key.
The role attracts excellent staff benefits including reduced local gym membership, employee assistance programme and membership of the local government pension scheme.
We welcome visits to the academy and the leadership team would be excited to discuss the vision for the academy with candidates during a visit or by telephone.
For more information about The High Weald Academy please visit www.highwealdacademy.kent.sch.uk
The High Weald Academy requires a Senior School Support Administrator to join our busy admin team.
The role is 37 hours per week, term time only, plus 3 weeks during the school holidays.
Salary: Kent Scheme 5, points 14 – 17, £15,931 to £17,632
Main Duties – Admissions and Transitio
- Co-ordinate all the Year 7 admissions administrative processes from beginning to end, in accordance with guidance from KCC and Trust/Academy policies and procedures
- In conjunction with the Trust Data Manager, ensure all Year 7 and Year 12 student data is updated accordingly in readiness for Term 1 of each academic year.
- Oversee ad hoc casual admissions, working closely with SLT members.
- Co-ordinate any admissions appeals.
- Oversee the administration in relation to managed moves and leavers.
- In conjunction with SLT and student managers, assist with the planning, co-ordination and administration of transition and taster events.
- Provide administrative support for open and reward events, including (but not limited to): consultation evenings, curriculum evenings and celebration events.
- Ensure all documentation in respect of admissions and transition is accurate, up to date and fit for purpose.
Expectations and Obligations
- Follow Health and Safety requirements and initiatives as directed.
- Ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- At all times operate within the Trust’s Equality policies.
- Commitment and contribution to improving standards for pupils as appropriate.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a caring and stimulating environment for young people.
- The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
- A commitment to the vision, values and ethos of the Academy and the Trust
- Flexible, adaptable with a ‘can do’ approach
- Energy and clear sense of purpose
- Able to work in a highly reactive environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and assertively
- Strong attention to detail
- Be a confident user of IT systems, including Word and Excel
- Calm, patient and unflappable under pressure
- A considerate and supportive team player
- The ability to work independently on projects and within a small team
- Friendly and approachable
- A sense of fun
Brook Learning Trust
Brook Learning Trust is proud to have The High Weald Academy as part of our family of academies. As a Trust, we bring together our unique academies in our belief in the power of education to change lives and communities.
It is our steadfast purpose to challenge and defy the barriers that constrain the educational progress of any child. We set high aims for aspiration and secure collective responsibility for all our children’s achievements. Our work is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Optimism, Excellence and Accountability.
A strong focus on teaching and learning as well as high standards and expectations has led the Brook Learning Trust to become recognised as one of the strongest multi-academy trusts in the county. Learning and growing with us, children in our academies make great progress. Brook Learning Trust, working with The High Weald Academy, brings energy, passion and expertise to the education of our children.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of UK.
Only applications made using Brook Learning Trust application forms will be considered. Please use your application to demonstrate how your skills and experience match those detailed in the job description. Completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday 19 February 2019, 10:00 am
For more information visit www.brooklearningtrust.org.uk