Part-Time Teaching Assistant
Academy: The Ebbsfleet Academy, Swanscombe
Salary: Kent Scheme Band 3 Pro-Rata
Start Date: Immediately
Closing Date: Friday 17 May 2019
About The Ebbsfleet Academy
The Ebbsfleet Academy opened in September 2013 with a Vision to be an outstanding community academy, whose focus is on learning, personal and social development, and to be ambitious for all regardless of circumstance.
We are on a journey to become an over-subscribed school that children walk to with their friends; where they enjoy coming to learn, and a school of which they feel proud. We are developing independent, resilient and respectful individuals, who are ready to learn for themselves.
We want all our students to achieve the highest qualifications they can, but also to fulfil all their potential, academic and personal, sporting, creative and artistic. We want our pupils to leave school as well-rounded, confident young people, with an awareness of the wider world, and a desire and ambition to play an active part in it, all of which is encapsulated in the Ebbsfleet Academy’s motto – Aspire and Excel.
Teaching Assistant Role
The role is 21 hours a week, term time only, plus 5 days.
Salary/Grade: Kent Scheme Band 3, points 7-11, £15,627 - £17,188 pro rata to £7,484 – to £8,232 per annum
You will use your application to demonstrate your skills and experience in relation to the advertised position.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is committed to raising standards through supporting high quality teaching and learning.
- Has experience of working with children
- Has high expectations of the children’s work and behaviour
- Is able to assess students’ responses to learning tasks and where appropriate, modify methods to meet individual and/or group needs
- Is an effective team member committed to working collaboratively
- Is able to recognise and challenge behavioural issues and deal with them in an appropriate manner in line the school policies and procedures.
In return you will benefit from an excellent benefits package including:
- Competitive and fair salary allocation
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Favourable pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Contractual sick and maternity pay
- Family friendly policies
- Emphasis on continued professional development through appraisal and access to training schemes
- Further career opportunities via access to internal Trust vacancies
How to Apply
Only applications made using a Brook Learning Trust application form will be considered. Please use your application to demonstrate how your skills and experience match those required for this role.
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am, Friday 17 May 2019.
Date for interviews to be confirmed.
About The Brook Learning Trust
The Brook Learning Trust is proud to have as part of our family of academies. As a Trust, we bring together our unique academies in our belief in the power of education to change lives and communities.
It is our steadfast purpose to challenge and defy the barriers that constrain the educational progress of any child. We set high aims for aspiration and secure collective responsibility for all our children’s achievements. Our work is underpinned by the values of Integrity, Respect, Courage, Optimism, Excellence and Accountability.
A strong focus on teaching and learning as well as high standards and expectations has led the Brook Learning Trust to become recognised as one of the strongest multi-academy trusts in the county. Learning and growing with us, children in our academies make great progress. The Brook Learning Trust, working with The Ebbsfleet Academy, brings energy, passion and expertise to the education of our children.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks including an Enhanced DBS check and references. An overseas police check will be required by candidates who have worked or resided outside of the UK.